Monday, May 17, 2010

Grandma O. 1912 - 2010

Paul's Grandma O. died yesterday at the glorious age of 98. She was a wonderful lady who we love very much. She was gentle and kind and at the same time very strong and, when she needed to be, quite feisty. She loves the Lord with her whole heart. As it says in Philippians 1:21, "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." And in Psalms 116:15 "Precious in the sight of YHWH is the death of His Saints." (NKJV) As I was writing this, I was using the past tense in describing our love for her, but as I quoted the verses I recognized my error. Even though we can't communicate with her at this time, she is very much alive. I plan on loving and following Yeshua (Jesus) until I am one day reunited with Grandma O. I know that her greatest desire in life was for her children, grandchildren and friends to know and love her Saviour so that she will one day be reunited with them too. Her life was a testimony to her love for Jesus and I pray that her death will be a call for others to love Him too.


We got to see her a year ago on our trip to the lower 48. Though frail and tired, she still had that twinkle in her eye.Below is a picture from long ago, Paul is young, Joshua is in the high chair and Paul's nephew Jared (he's graduating from high school this year) are all sitting with Grandma O.
Below is another picture from long ago. The kids thought it was great that Grandma O. would play spoons with them.
Caleb was born just before we left for Alaska. Below we are showing him off to Grandma O.

No comments: