Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Name that Country Scrabble

We played a fun game of Country Names Scrabble the other day. We laid out the scrabble tiles so you could see all of them. Then we took turns spelling the names of countries. We allowed the use of our world map, but it took me awhile to realize that the girls were using the alphabetical list of countries at the bottom of the map instead of hunting and pecking all over the world like I was doing. Of course I then made a rule that said you had to show me where the country was of the map before it counted! Being the homeschooling Mom that I am, I had to make it a geography lesson as well as a game!Getting those countries with Xes and Qs on the triple letter and double word spots before someone else did was challenging.

Below Deborah is hunting for just the right country to maximize the points...

No comments: