Monday, February 2, 2009

Learning to Eat

Sarah loves to sit up at the big table with the rest of us.  She just turned 5 months old and is becoming little miss grabby.  She'll grab anything she can reach and try and put it in her mouth, usually it ends up on the floor.  All the kids are enjoying helping her learn to eat, although she stays much cleaner when I help her.  She's getting better, but she still pushes most of her cereal back out with her tongue.  It is amazing how you can feed her a spoonful, most of it comes back out so you put it back in, but before you know it the bowlful is gone!  I make soup every Sunday to share with everyone who comes for church and everyone else brings something to go along with it.  This week I made moose soup and it turned out great.  It was very tender by the time we ate so I mushed some up in Sarah's oatmeal cereal and she gobbled up two bowlfuls.
Caleb thinks feeding Sarah is great fun.
Benjamin is awed by everything Sarah does.  He constantly updates me on what she is up to.  He has taken to calling her "my baby".  I discourage him from helping her eat... 

No comments: