Friday, February 12, 2010

Fooseball

Our Basement has many uses. Our library is shelved along one wall, we have a guest apartment where Lavonne and Josh lived for a year. We also have tables set up and I instruct students who are studying to take the GED tests for and hour or two most days. It's very flexible. We also have a thrift store down there which has taken on many forms over the years. At times we've had all the clothes displayed on hangars on the walls, now all of the sizes are separated into totes and whenever someone comes to shop we just empty the tote and fill it back up as we look through the clothes. There is also a fooseball table in the basement and in those rare moments when all the thrift store clothes are sorted and stored in their proper totes we can actually play fooseball. The kids convinced Paul to play with them.
Sarah is trying to play along.

They even got me to play a game or two.
I don't play much so normally I'm quite a handicap. Anna and I had to resort to drastic tactics. I had Anna use her toes to start the ball in play. It grossed the guys out so bad it was good for a point. The rest of the points we scored were because my balls rolled so much slower than everyone else's, it caused their timing to be way off. I think Anna and I actually won.
The last match was the four youngest boys (I can't really say little boys any more) against Paul and I.

They each had their own row of players to manage.

Kids sure are fun!

No comments: